Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Phoenix cathedral

I visited this cathedral on May 1st just as all of the snowbirds were leaving to go back home. This was the first cathedral that had people in it. I would say there were about 15 praying there that afternoon. This was a 50-60's style cathedral that was out of date, but it seemed well kept up. Obviously they were going for the southwestern theme. It seemed to be a medium sized cathedral and it looked like they had a big school attached. Strangely it was not in the downtown area as I would have thought. It was probably 5-10 miles away. They had awesome circular stations that were well lit. I also took to there huge stained glass windows. They are red and yellow and massive. I don't know what they mean, but they added a beauty to this place. They also had a nice portico over the altar. Simple, but significant.






No comments:

Post a Comment