Friday, May 3, 2013

Epiphany Cathedral - Venice, Fl


On this go round the Venice Cathedral was actually my destination.  I was there to train about 40 people to launch their parish and school.  It was a crazy day with 3 trainings in one day.

I was able to take a peak into the Cathedral with Father Jack leading the quick tour.  This is very much a church in the round with a woodsy dated style.  I was told that they renovated recently  but the old 70's style still comes through.  Two features stand out in the midst of the uninspired design. The sculpture/mural above the sanctuary is unique, but doesn't do anything to help the retro style.  The stained glass windows that surround the church are probably this Cathedral's best feature.  They are in a crude mosaic style, but they pull it off well.

They have a beautiful school with its own chapel and grounds.  They also have the most locked down school I have seen to date.  They scanned in my license and also printed me a name tag as well.  They are not screwing around here.











1 comment:

  1. the Cathedral is beautiful inside and out...can you tell me when it was built? thank you

    ReplyDelete